• „A separate place should be devoted to the performance of Aleksandra Panasik, opening the Gdańsk edition. From the perspective of „Glissando”, this is perhaps the most important concert of the entire festival, possibly announcing the airing of the names that dominate the programs of new music festivals in the near future. The oboist associated with the Academy of Music in Gdańsk presented a recital compositions for oboe and tape or electronics – and, at least in some of the pieces, the second layer seemed to have been prepared also by the instrumentalist, probably sometimes in direct collaboration with the composer. (…) What is not there – various stains and sound objects that dialogue with the instrument sometimes arrange outlines of rhythms, change with different sounds, transform, disintegrate. Panasik reaches for a varied repertoire of non-obvious figures of contemporary music – both the young ones, such as Simms and Hong, and those slightly older, but following their own paths, including Vees, or Iris Sheghy, whose In Between – where the dialogue between playing without a mouthpiece and a woven layer, among others from radio noise – was also on the program.”
Full review of the concert: http://glissando.pl/aktualnosci/srodowiskowe-wiezi-idealistic-festival-2021/
• Currently, Ola is preparing a CD featuring music for oboe and electronics by Polish and international composers. The most significant part of this project would be fulfilled with the pieces especially composed for her. The recording is tentatively scheduled for 2022. Updates will follow.
• Ola and Canadian-Polish composer Piotr Grella-Możejko are now collaborating on Piotr’s new piece for oboe solo and electronics. The premiere is tentatively scheduled for 2022. Updates will follow.
• Ola and Korean-American composer Sungji Hong are now collaborating on a new piece for oboe solo and for oboe and electronics. The premiere is scheduled for 30.10.2021 during Idealistic Festival in Gdansk.
• On 6 May 2021, Ola performed two works for oboe and electronics by, respectively, Jack Vees (‚Apocrypha’) and Stefano Pierini (‚The Importance of Being Earnest’), during the New Music at the Old Town House concert series [Nowa Muzyka w Starym Ratuszu]. The performance is available on YouTube here: